Friday, September 30, 2011

YL Family Camp 2011

I'm super late on getting this post done, but I didn't take any pictures and have been waiting on others to send me some. I know you're wondering, what? Amber not have her camera? I did have it, I just tried to make our weekend all about savoring moments with my family and not worrying about taking pictures and forcing smiles! So, my friend Lara and several other girls from my Bible Study have been going to Young Life family camp for a few years and told us how much fun it was..... it was all that and more! We decided to just take Andrew since the activities were geared towards older children and we wanted some special one on one time with just him. My sister was generous enough to give up a free weekend to come here and watch Carter (which he loved!) We had so much fun, not only doing crazy outdoor activities that I've always been too embarrassed  (thought I was too cool) to try but we had awesome fellowship with old friends, new friends and complete strangers! Not only did it strengthen our relationship as a family but also with the Lord......... definitely recommend it for everyone!

Wish I could say that this is me, but after standing in line for over an hour to do the zip line, Andrew (my partner) bailed out on me at the end.... maybe next year! We're totally taking Carty and I know he'll do it with me!


And we all thought he had a back injury.........





No comments: