Sunday, September 2, 2007

Labor Of Love!!

Chad and I bought Andrew a swing set for his birthday. We got several estimates for having is assembled, but decided it would be best for Chad and my dad to do it themselves. My dad drove here from Nashville, and he and Chad spent 9 solid hours putting it together....and they still like each other!!!! They worked soooooo hard and never even took a break. They worked until 10:30pm and had to use a work light to see what they were doing, then my dad drove back to Nashville the same night. I can't even describe how proud of them I am. I love looking at the swing set and knowing that every bolt, screw and washer was put in by my favorite men just because they love Andrew so much!! The swing set actually has meaning to it, and I can't wait to tell Andrew that his Daddy and Papa put it together. I'm sure we'll make lots of great memories on it!! I remember when we first moved in and I said I wanted a swing set and sandbox for Andrew, Chad said "You can just take him to the park for that, I don't want to kill the grass with all of that stuff". Well, after he saw how happy Andrew was on the swings at the park- he didn't even think twice! He actually sprayed weed killer on the grass all under the swing set, layed down tarp, then mulch, and made a sandbox.........Now that's love!!!




No comments: