Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bye Bye Floaties

Andrew has been taking private swim lessons for about 2 months now and most of it has been about getting used to putting his face in the water. I seriously only wash his hair every 3 nights because he hates it so much and always has. He freaks out if he gets a drop of water in his face so I was almost rolling my eyes at the idea of "Mr. Stan" getting him to keep his face in. Well, surprise surprise, he did it and gets better every week. Chad and I took the boys swimming the other night and Andrew told us he wanted to run and jump in the pool then swim to the wall.... and he did it! He was swimming back and forth like a little fish and I was beaming!!! He only swims underwater and doesn't know how to come up for air yet, but he does a pretty great job of holding his breath. Sorry for not giving you enough credit Andrew, you surprised me on this one!
These pics were during a lesson a few weeks ago


Andrew and his buddy Kate (talk about swimming like a fish, you should see this girl!)
this is what Cart does during swim lessons when I don't feel like lathering him up in sunscreen, swim diapers, etc, just runs around looking for trouble!
he wasn't very happy with Meg!

1 comment:

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

The swimming stuff is amazing. When you start them early - they're like little fish!