Thursday, January 13, 2011

Let It Snow!

We accumulated a little over 6 inches of snow here in Chattanooga on Monday! I've never seen this much snow (except for a trip to WV) and it was beautiful! I think Andrew heard me saying that because now he keeps saying "I haven't seen this much snow in years!" My friend Mandi called to see if we wanted to have an indoor snow playdate at her house and I instead suggested that we go sledding with all of the other neighbors. BAD IDEA. It was such a long walk on our driving range up a huge hill. This would've been no problem for us if we didn't have 2 30 pounders who had to be carried and 2 4 year olds who cried and whined the whole time! We forced them to sled at least once since we had hiked up there, then gave in to the screaming and begging and left. Her warm house and hot chocolate were much more their style!

Here's the driving range transformed into a ski slope! It was awesome, I would have loved to play without my kids there!



 It literally looked like a blanket of snow all over, so pretty.











 It's all fun and games until someone falls in the snow!
 the best part of the day! It would have been perfect if Daddy wasn't at work.

1 comment:

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

That's awesome. We didn't get quite that much, but I was so glad I held onto all the snow suits, snow boots and insulated mittens. The boys were outside for hours!! So awesome your boys got to experience that. The Publix in these parts is looking sparse because they can't get through your area with their trucks!