Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Water Play

So my rookie year of being a mom to a school aged kid was exhausting. Having to get Andrew to school by 8:15 five days a week was a challenge so I've been super excited for a long relaxing summer! I've been trying to do something fun with them every day, so far we've been to the zoo, CDC, Aquarium, playground, tow truck museum and the pool. I'm thinking my excitement for summer has gotten a little out of hand and I may be out of ideas by next week. I just love that we can get ready whenever we want (or not at all) and do whatever we want with our days together. I'm just going to be savoring this time when they still want to hang out with their Mommy all of the time.

Check back with me next month and I might be signing them up for full time summer camp to get them out of my hair, I might be jinxing myself here. 



 Water balloon battle at Mandi's house. These kids went through the balloons in no time, seriously, like 2 minutes of throwing right around the cooler then begging for more. Do they have no concept of the man hours that went into filling up these things?


Still in "I'm a Super Mom Summer Mode" letting them cut shapes out of the watermelon with cookie cutters. Again, I might be throwing some grapes at them when I run out of steam too soon.

No comments: