Thursday, November 13, 2008

What I'm Lovin' About my 2 Year Old

Any of you that have or have had a 2 year old knows that this age is so much fun! Not so say that the tantrums and discipline issues aren't a pain, but Andrew is so stinkin' cute right now that he's making up for it. Here are some things that I think are hilarious/adorable that Andrew does right now......In no particular order of cuteness!

Says "Be right back" when he needs to go get something

Says "Monster's aaaaall finished" all the time because Chad traumatized him with that stupid monster mask at Halloween. I even have to tell him 100 times that the monster is all gone before he'll put his pants on now........ Chad told him there was one in them last week.

Says "I be sorry" while he's doing something he shouldn't....don't you just love how they tell on themselves at this age.

Says things are 'nice' to help him not be afraid, even in the midst of crying about them
"doctors nice" "Dudley's nice" "Mrs. Bambi's nice"

Tells me he wants sushi all the time and cracks up laughing. I think this is from watching Monster's Inc. when they go have sushi, but it cracks me up too!

Says "Andrew's Happy Day" anytime he gets excited, when he gets a new toy, chocolate, etc.

Calls candy his "fetchal treat" and calls himself "Daddy's fetchal boy"

Jumps up and down, dances and runs in circles to music and says "Andrew's crazy"!

Loves to play with Chad's football and tell us he's a 'Michigan grad' or 'football player' then yells "Go Blue"!

I have to admit that when I found out I was having a boy, even though I was super excited, I was scared that I wasn't going to know how to play with him. I didn't want to have to play fight with swords and make shooting noises with Star Wars guys, but I'm loving playing with my little boy! It's so fun to watch him run around with a football, 'play golf' with any stick and ball he can find, and push any car, train, truck or bus he can find around on my floors. Just this morning, I was in the bath and he was on the steps leading into it pushing his trains around (and trying to tell me they needed a bath too) and I thought about how happy I am to have my little boy! I wanted to write all this down so I can come back and read it when he's already been in time out 5 times tomorrow morning for hitting me or something similar....it will happen, believe me! 

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

So sweet. HE is so cute and fun.

And I was excited yesterday when Lake said, "ball"! I cannot believe how smart Andrew is. Boys are great.

The Hills said...

Hey Amber, what a great idea writing down all the things that you are enjoying about your little man. Two year olds can be such a blast and do just the cutest things. I too was nervous about becoming the mom to a boy, but it has been such a blast! I wouldn't change it for the world! (P.S. I think I will have to lift this idea from my new blog.) Keep enjoying all the fun times!

The Hills said...

Hey Amber, what a great idea writing down all the things that you are enjoying about your little man. Two year olds can be such a blast and do just the cutest things. I too was nervous about becoming the mom to a boy, but it has been such a blast! I wouldn't change it for the world! (P.S. I think I will have to lift this idea from my new blog.) Keep enjoying all the fun times!

Dee-Dee said...

That was a precious list. I needed a good reminder of all of the reasons we love 2 year olds!!! (Beau hits me too - what's up with that? Abby would have never dared hit me...)