Sunday, June 8, 2008

Growin' Up

SO many changes going on around here these days! My little man is growing and doing new things every day. He loves to pee-pee on the potty, but he calls it poop. He asks to go all day, so now I'm seeing why pull-ups would be so much easier. He gets some toilet paper after he's done (like mommy I guess), then pats his mouth with it?, the reaches back and flushes! He takes his potty seat and puts it back in the cabinet then puts the lid down, Mommy's training him right! He's doing great in his big boy bed, and still hasn't gotten out. Well, the other night Chad went to check on him and he was laying next to his bed on his stuffed puppy dog, but that was so cute that we don't count it as getting out! New words are coming out every day, he LOVES the movie Cars and could watch it all day long. He likes playing dress-up, but not the girls kind. He wants all of his socks on- layered, and all of his shoes. He loves to put hats on, Chad's and his own, but he has to put them all on at one time!  Tantrums are starting now, Fun Fun! He usually just looks me in the eye and screams, then he'll slap whatever's in front of him, then cry because he gave himself a "Boo'Boo", then drop on the floor whining. I haven chosen to ignore these outbursts, and it seems to make them stop pretty quickly. We'll see how long my method works! He started Mother's Day Out on Thursday and did very well, considering it was his first day. I thought it would be hard on me, but I really wasn't sad. I think it's been a long time coming, and I was just ready at this point! Andrew took about 10 minutes to calm down for the teacher, but didn't cry all day after that! She said he didn't want anyone to look at him or talk to him (typical Andrew), and he just eased into things. He ate lunch and took his nap, and especially liked going outside. When I showed up to get him, he was in the teacher's arms and she was rocking him in the chair. She said he was patting and rubbing her arm........I thought he only did that to Chad and I :( He's growing up fast, more to come!

                      New big boy haircut.......courtesy of Mommy!!
                                    Dress- up!
             Wool polka dot socks and blue sandals, NICE!

                           Tantrum on the floor!

1 comment:

Dee-Dee said...

Those pictures are so cute - you always get the best pics! I am glad MDO is going so well now.