Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Anniversary-Father's Day, Chad!

Chad and I celebrated our 4th wedding Anniversary on Thursday! We had takeout Mexican (my fav) and exchanged gifts after Andrew went to bed. We have a babysitter coming this weekend so we can go out and "really" celebrate, alone! We had a great night together at home though, while we watched our wedding video and remembered why we fell in love and how simple-happy life can be! I love you Chad, and I can't wait to keep racking up the years with you as my husband! We also celebrated Father's Day with Chad's dad yesterday. This day was especially tough for me this year since I've lost my dad, but I had to make it special for Chad. I've decided that this day is now going to be about Chad and letting him know what a wonderful dad he is to Andrew. I can honestly say that I couldn't have picked a batter dad for our son. He is so hands on with Andrew, never has to be asked to help with him, never complains about having to help, and makes Andrew so happy. I love watching Andrew's face light up when he sees Chad, and it does everytime he sees him! Andrew just adores him and waits for Chad to look at him, tickle him, or smile at him whenever he's around. He loves any attention that he gets from Chad, and yells out "Daaaaa dee" whenever Chad makes him laugh, so cute! Thank you for being the best dad a little boy could ask for!
By the way, you're looking pretty hot in your old age!!

4 comments:

Blog author said...

Very sweet! Although, I love that you called him "homey" by mistake instead of honey! haha! I know the day was tough for you...I thought about you several times during the day.

Dee-Dee said...

Awwww - sweet post. I know what you mean about a bittersweet Father's Day. Chad is a good daddy!! I am impressed with the helping out. Cute picture of your hottie!!

Lara said...

Did you make him pose for this picture? That's awesome! How was your anniversary dinner? Or is that next weekend?

Lara said...

obviously i didn't read the post all that well. next weekend. have fun and enjoy. our anniversary was yesterday. 7 years. you know it's 7 years when you celebrate in different cities.