Friday, February 20, 2009

My Birthday

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures on Valentines (Chad and I went out to dinner thanks to my wonderful friend Becky). We spent the day caring for a sick boy, at the doctor's office and no one felt like having their picture taken. Even when we got ready to go out for dinner, not in the picture taking mood! The next day was my birthday and I have to say it was one of the hardest days I've had in a long time. If it weren't for my amazing friends and neighbors, I would have to call it the worst birthday ever. Maggie and Dena showed up with a cake (with candles burning) and a gift that made me want to cry, I was so happy! Lara and Kelli came later with a wonderful gift too, and spent time with me, just having girl talk! Becky was here all morning and in addition to the great gifts she gave me, she watched Andrew so I could take a shower (the most needed gift of all).  Chad saw how much I loved the cake (fruit tart) Dena and Maggie bought me, so he got me another huge one the next day! I devoured it by breakfast the next day! Thanks everyone, I don't know what I would do without my Chattanooga "family".


2 comments:

Dee-Dee said...

Sorry such a not fun birthday. That stinks. At least your neighbors and friends came through for you. Your card is STILL sitting on my desk, btw... You can put me on the terrible list...

Stephanie said...

Oh, I am so sorry I missed your birthday!!
That cake looks wonderful. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!