Friday, January 8, 2010

6 months old

My little baby just had his half birthday and is now 6 months old (sniff sniff). He is growing way to quickly and is still the best baby ever!! He's become known as "Carty" around our house and it's definitely much more fitting for his silly personality (someone actually told me Carter was too stuffy a name for him). He just went for his 6 month checkup and was 19 lb 10 oz (85%) and 28 in (92%). Dr. Smith said he's not fat, just big!!! Andrew was 25 in and 17 lbs at 6 months, what a difference! I was told that I'm giving him too much breast milk and not enough baby food (non at all actually) so I need to work on that. He just doesn't like baby food when I offer it, he loves his bottle too much I guess! He's rolling both ways (front to back and back to front) sitting up pretty well by himself, and getting up on all 4's and rocking back and forth (trying to crawl!) He still doesn't have a tooth but puts everything in his mouth and drools all the time. He can manipulate a lot of toys, open and close little doors, bang on drums and already lovesDVD cases like his big brother! He's finally sleeping 10-12 hours at night (which means I am once again feeing sane and not hallucinating, yah for me!) and taking 2 short naps. He's the happiest friendliest little guy I've ever met and has added so much JOY to our family. 




1 comment:

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

Oh my gosh - you take the best pictures of your boys. I just wanna squeeze him!