Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Up to No Good

This blog is meant in no way to diminish how wonderful my little boy is...Only to let everyone know what a little stinker he has become! Andrew has developed a few new habits-hobbies. He loves to play in the trash, it doesn't matter what room we are in. He goes straight to the trashcan, pulls up on it and empties it out-turns in over. He loves to play with all contents in trashcans- including diapers! He pulls as much of the toilet paper off of the roll until I catch him, then shreds it into tiny pieces...in every bathroom. He loves to open slam door shut then bang on them and scream because he can't get them back open. He especially likes to open (and close) all of the cabinets in the kitcken, bathroom, and bonus room, and pull all of the contents out! He pulls my hair constantly and rips my glasses off if he sees them anywhere near my face. He has started biting me and everything in his way. He will come up to me, throw his arms around me, lay his head on my shoulder, then sink all 5 teeth into my shoulder- feels great! He also throws his face into the couch, pillows, his lovy and bites down and moves his head from side to side like a puppy. He seems frustrated when he does this so I'm not sure if it's teething or just ATTITUDE. He came up to me twice today and just bit me on the leg for no reason! He grinds his top and bottom teeth together and it is the worst sound ever...I think this is just because he has discovered he can do it! He also bangs his head really hard in the crib- so hard that he has a goose egg and blue bruise on his forehead after nap this afternoon. I can hear him hitting his head from downstairs- What to Expect the First Years said this can be normal behavior. I know it sounds like I am complaining, but I am actually glad he is healthy and can do all of these things. I always wanted a little boy, and I definitely have a kid who is ALL BOY! He is a handful, but it's giving me so much pleasure watching him grow up and explore everything around him!





2 comments:

Dee-Dee said...

His outfit is so cute. He is looking so big in these pictures. I can't wait to see him again. He sounds so much like Beau - trash, toilet paper, etc. Is he into the toilet yet? Is he walking - it looks like he is standing all by himself in one picture?! I can't wait to see ya'll again. I'll call you soon...

Pamela said...

He is getting so big! I love the outfit! He seems like he is busy all of the time. That is the way Drew is still!!!! He also still enjoys getting into the trash on occasion, why is that fun?