Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Update

Let me give a little update on our crazy lives this past week. Some people are giving me crap about not updating my blog (Love you Brooke!!), and I need to explain. On Wed. I took Andrew to the doctor for 104 temp and the doctor told me he was a "train wreck". He was diagnosed with an ear infection, throat infection (swollen tonsils with pus on them), croup, and pink eye. We were sent home with steroids (which made him crazy and sleep less than he already was), eye drops and an antibiotic. Our nights have been sleepless and miserable. I slept in his room on the floor the first night and woke up feeling like a train wreck myself. I am now on antibiotics as well and feel like I need someone to take care of me :( Andrew hasn't been improving much and is still up all night, so we went back to the doctor yesterday. His ear infection is resistant to the antibiotic he was on, so it hasn't gotten any better. In other words, I've been wasting my time and efforts for 4 days giving him antibiotics in hopes that he was getting better. We now have a stronger antibiotic (that will probably cause diarrhea) and are both hopefully on the way out of this mess. I promise to be better about my blogging as soon as I feel human again, remember there aren't very many good drugs available when you're pregnant and sick! Please check back with us soon and I promise to have pictures. Besides, who wants to see pics of us with snot coming out of our noses? Now zip it Brooke!!!

No comments: