Friday, October 26, 2007

Step Away From the Hair

Andrew and I had the most pleasant experience today. I took him to my hair stylist to get his first haircut. I was so excited and all prepared with a juice box, sucker and my camera to catch some cute pictures. Little did I know, he was going to act like a crazy child. He freaked out the second she put the drape on him and screamed harder than he does for shots. It took me forever to calm him down after and he just gave me dirty looks the whole way home. I think I be sneaking and trimming his hair while he's watching Barney from now on.




3 comments:

The Coe Clan said...

Hey - A wise tip from one Mom to the next. Forget the drape next time he gets a haircut. The drape use to always get Merrick screaming. I then started asking them to just cut his hair w/o the drape and he did much better. I don't think they like not being able to see their arms. It's worth the try. You will both be covered in hair, but it beats the alternative.

Dee-Dee said...

That is so funny. (I know it was not for you, but it will be later.) Abby did that on her 2nd and 3rd haircuts, but not the first. Isn't that wierd? Go figure...

Pamela said...

Drew used to scream but now he loves it. He talks about getting his hair cut all of the time. Lots of candy it what has made it better for us.