Thursday, June 25, 2009

Takin' it Easy

Everyone knows that I'm about to pop with this baby inside me, so Andrew and I are takin' it easy this week. We ventured out to Little Gym and Daddy's work but other than that we are just doing indoor playdates and playing in the driveway in the evenings. We're spending lots of time in front of the TV snuggling on the couch or in my bed. My child would watch TV all day if I let him and this week has reminded me why I don't. He's no longer content with Diego and Wonder Pets but has moved on to wanting Spider Man and Batman. After giving in and just thinking they wouldn't be education but couldn't hurt, I am now hearing the words, shoot, kill, and fight constantly. I see now where it all begins and am hoping I can have the will power to not let him watch these shows anymore. I even gave in and bought him his first light saber the other day. You can only imagine how many times I've been hit with that thing and how many times he's "killed" something. And why in the world did I buy this weapon a week before there's a new baby in the house. We do what we can to get by I guess! 6 days until baby Carter gets here. I expect everyone who reads this blog (except for the stalkers I may have) to come visit us in the hospital. I didn't have any friends here when I had Andrew and had no visitors, so I expect a full crowd this time....consider this your open invitation!



1 comment:

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

Have I mentioned how much Andrew reminds me of Parker? Except for their eye color they looks so much alike. Our bed looks just like that every morning as it seems to be where Parker likes to have his first cup of milk with a little Curious George. We'll have to get them together someday! Stay cool!