Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Chaos

This year I played the new baby card and got out of traveling to Nashville for the holidays. I didn't consider the fact that this meant I had to cook for everyone at my house (and I don't cook well!) The whole day was pretty comical, or stressful, depending on how you look at it. My mom's car broke down right before they got here, so my brother-in-law and step-dad had to deal with that whole situation for a few hours (the car is still stuck here in Chattanooga). So, by the time we all sat down to eat, the food was mushy and cold and no one had much of an appetite anyways. The kids went to hang out by the tree while us adults were still talking at the table and little did we know, they (meaning my son) were in there opening ALL the presents. They shouldn't have been trusted in there I guess, but I never though he would do something like that, the gifts have been under the tree for a month and he hasn't touched them. I think a certain 8 year old cousin who can read name tags might have had something to do with this! When I say all the presents, I don't mean his own, I mean everyone else's presents.... Nice huh?!?! It was actually pretty funny and we did have a great time considering all the things that happened. I'm just happy I could be with my family for Christmas and we were all healthy and safe!
Carter's new drum from Mimi! Laughing at Merrick doing pretend sneezes!
Gotta love the kids table!


told you your forehead was shiny Adrienne!


Don't even get me started on that damn Gingerbread house. I bought it for the kids to have a project and it was a disaster


2 comments:

Dee-Dee said...

Look at Andrew kissing her...

Pamela said...

This post is hilarious!