Sunday, March 21, 2010

Boys Club

Well, we've had our first major injury and some stitches to show for it. I wish I had a great story about how the cute girl from school in the smocked dress and bow hit him with a bat or something but it was actually pretty uneventful. Andrew rolled out of his bed in the middle of the night and hit his eye and ear on the end table. I now realize how stupid it was of me to have a wooden bedside table right next to his bed but it has since been moved. This was the first time he's ever fallen out of his bed and hopefully the last. I have a whole new respect for my little boy and am so proud of him after seeing the way he handled it all. He was so patient at the doctor (we were there 3 hours), laid there while they cleaned out his cut and never moved or cried while they numbed him and sewed him up. I had a feeling stitches might be involved in our visit so we brought his lovy along, we said a little prayer asking for God to help him be brave and Andrew did the rest. I looked at him once and saw a tear rolling down his cheek and when I asked if he was okay, he said "I'm just trying to be brave". Can't believe this little guy!!! You better bet there was a trip to Wal-Mart on the way home that included 2 new movies and cookies! Maybe you're wondering, hmm, where was Carter this whole time.... well, he was on the disgusting floor of the peds office. He kept squirming out of my arms, screamed when the nurses tried to hold him and was like a wild animal after hour 2. I had to be there for Andrew, so Carter took to the floor. I jokingly said "we'll be back in 3 days with Carter after he picks up the germs up off the floor" and he woke up vomiting today. Let's hope this is only a 24 hr bug and no one else in our house gets it.
before stitches

No comments: