Sunday, March 14, 2010

Circus

We took Andrew to his very first circus this weekend and he seemed to like it even though he had a hard time holding still for very long. Our neighbors brought their baby who is 3 months old and he did way better than Andrew of paying attention! I thought all the exciting things could keep Andrew occupied but he was more interested in mooching off of David's popcorn and drinking sno cone syrup than anything else. Chad and I enjoyed watching but it definitely doesn't match up to the memories I have of the circus when I was little. 



Okay, let's just talk about this for a minute. These women were being suspended by their hair and spun around until what would've made normal people vomit. Very fetishy (if that's a word) and I have no idea why that's considered entertaining to some people. I guess for the same reason that watching housecats run across a tight rope was making some of the audience laugh??

1 comment:

Carrie (and Kevin!) Finnegan said...

We went to the circus a couple of months ago and I was completely baffled by "The Amazing Housecats". I almost wondered if some sort of legislation kept them from using something more exotic? Regarding the sitting still - we were fortunate to be invited by neighbors that had box tickets. Now I'm not sure I can ever go to an event with the kids and not have a box. There was lots of room to run around, nice bathrooms close-by, and a waiter to fetch all the food. I was in such a good mood I didn't even flinch when the boys started nagging for light sabers and what not!