Saturday, August 16, 2008

Countdown Until My Break

Let me just start by saying that God must have made yesterday so fun and easy with Andrew because he knew I would be tortured today. I must also preface this post with the face that I haven't had a break from being a Mommy in 14 days. Chad has been out of town and is now on call for the weekend, and I do not count naps and bedtime as a break for me. We went out last night with our neighbors (David and Shanon) and Andrew didn't get to bed until 9pm. We skipped bath and  I figured he would sleep in this morning since he usually goes to be at 7:30. Well, he was up at 6:15am and had wet the bed (leaked around his diaper and onto jammies and bed). So, we began our day early with a load of laundry and lots of coffee (or hoppie, as Andrew likes to call it)! Needless to say, Andrew was very grumpy all morning because he was still tired. He wanted in the hot tub, and I wouldn't let him, but I let him in my bath instead. I put him in only a diaper when he got out so he wouldn't be too hot, then I started doing dishes and talking on the phone. He comes running to me with poop all over his hands and feet and no diaper..........yeah, it was all over the living room floor. He wiped his hands all over me while I was carrying him around trying to figure out where to put him, so then we both needed bath #2 for the day! Nap was difficult, not long enough, and the afternoon was exhausting. I won't go into anymore detail, you get the point. Let's hope tomorrow is better.

I had to put this on him after nap to make myself feel better for the remainder of the day!!
See how tired he looks? Little circles under his eyes.....why won't you sleep child????

                     Those are the decorative stones, not poop in the tub!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

girl, you should have called me!!!
You are always welcome to come over on those days. He would love it here.
Just so you know, last weekend did the same thing with his diaper and had poop all over everything in his crib including his passy.
Call me!!

Pamela said...

Bless you. I understand, we have had more of those days than I can count lately! I was so frustrated the other night (all by my self for over 12 hours with a busy, napless 3 year old, not fun) and told Drew we were not going to read any books at bedtime because I was not being a good mommy and I needed to go to bed too and he said, "your a good mommy, mommy," that made me feel a lot better.

Dee-Dee said...

I think "hoppie" is a great name for coffee! Boy, can I relate to some days like that! All you can do is pray that they are few and far between!