Friday, August 29, 2008

Would you be nervous?

I'm not typically the type of mom who worries about my child all the time (my sister my argue with that statement!), and Chad is the one who hovers and is concerned about Andrew's safety. We went to the St. Elmo Park this evening, and I have to admit, I was surprised by my little boy's daredevil risk taking (not normally him) and also surprised at how nervous it made me! He wanted to do the BIG slide all by himself, after doing it with Daddy first. He had so much fun and cried "more park" the whole way home. Also, he picked up a bee and squished it between his fingers, it stung him, and there was lot's of pain and crying to follow. For some reason he kept crying "more bees" and "Bzzzz" all night, even though we told him bees were mean and needed a spanking. I would love to find that bee and torture it for hurting my baby.....oh yeah, I'm not that kind of mom!






      No shower, food all over me and no makeup, but some lady insisted on taking a family pic?
                                                Everyone else looks cute so I had to post it.



5 comments:

Blog author said...

Glad I'm not the only one who wishes harm on anything that hurts my baby! Ella accidentally laid her hand down on a bee a few days ago, and somehow she didn't get stung. I was just waiting for the tears.

Lara said...

you look beautiful with no shower, makeup and food all over you. i have gone down that slide several times with both carly and avery in my lap and it hurts my butt so bad! it's a really rough landing.

Dee-Dee said...

Ooooh - the last one is my favorite - too cute. The family picture is really cute, too. (You look great - really, that is you looking bad. It is just not fair...)

Pamela said...

Andrew looks tiny on that big slide! Too cute. Boys are such dare devils.

The May Family said...

Hey. I am so glad that I am back to blogging. I have missed it but have not been able to find the time to get it done. We have been enjoying our sweet baby. THey are so much fun. It will be awhile before we have another one at least 3 more years. What about you guys? Andrew is so big and so cute! He looks like is keeps you on your toes. How are you guys doing?