Sunday, October 26, 2008

Monkey See.....Monkey Do

After we came home from Disney on Ice, we rushed to get ready and down to the neighborhood Halloween party. Let me give you a little history on the Halloween costume situation in our house. I didn't know what to dress Andrew as this year, the things I like are generic (fireman, astronaut, monkey, cow) and mean absolutely nothing to him, therefor, he refuses to wear them. The things he likes and would agree to wear are cheesy characters that I am too selfish to let him wear (Bob the Builder, Handy Manny, Thomas, Elmo, Mickey). Not to offend any of you who have or will soon dress your kids in these costumes, I will agree to them next year and all the years after, but right now he is still my baby and I want him to just look sweet and silly! So, my friend Denise let me borrow her son Noah's cow and monkey costume and my friend Caroline bought Andrew a firefighter coat and boots.....3 great options. Except, Andrew has a meltdown when we try to put any of those on him. I thought I would just try tonight before the party and I pumped him up before it, telling him, "you get to wear Noah's monkey shirt, pants and hat." At first it was "No, no monkey shirt" but when we got home, it was like he had no fight left in him after hours of Disney on Ice! I got the costume on him, he never complained and never tried to take it off...Success!


                                                    Halloween story-time

       Sweet Meg aka Sheep and her big sister Kate was Little Bo Peep. Kate had taken her wig off before I got any pics and Andrew broke her sheep herder stick :-(
                                                     Catelyn the UT cheerleader
                                                                Mary Margaret

4 comments:

The Coe Clan said...

OK - My vote would have been for Handy Manny, Elmo, Mickey, etc. Come on sis, the poor child has a large banana coming out of his head. Go buy that child a costume tomorrow! What are sisters for, right! Love you

Blog author said...

All the kids look so cute! Wish we could've made it, too. Also, I think Andrew would make a very cute Handy Manny!

Lara said...

Could you train Andrew to talk like Handy Manny? I LOVE his voice. I love the monkey costume!

Dee-Dee said...

Did you know Handy Manny's voice is Wilmer what's his face from That Seventies Show? Saw that on Disney the other day. The things I am learning these days...
Love all the pics - very cute kids - especially that monkey...