Sunday, October 5, 2008

Not so Enchanting Maze

Okay, so I shouldn't have been worried about not having anything to do this weekend. We stayed plenty busy and had so much fun. I still would like a break sometime this next weekend though, Chad! Marissa and I took the kids to the "Enchanted Maze" this afternoon. Andrew wouldn't take a nap, but I let him stay in his room screaming for 2 1/2 hours, doesn't hurt to try! This should have told me it was going to be an interesting afternoon. I told him the whole way there that he was going to get to ride on a tractor (hay ride) and he yelled "yah tactor" the whole way there while clapping. Well, the tractor was broken, so no hay rides. He did have fun going "bouncy bouncy" in the bouncers, but that was the most exciting part of the day (for him, we'll get to my favorite part later). It was so hot out and I think it would have changed the whole "fall" experience if it wouldn't have been sunny and 85 degrees. We decided to take the kids into the corn maze (dumbest idea ever) and we got semi-lost. Thank goodness, Marissa is like me and gets dizzy, grumpy, impatient when she's hot and we cheated our way out of the maze. We both agreed that they need to have someone in there to save people like us who have fussy kids who are getting filthy and running out of juice boxes (we really worried we might be lost in there until 8pm). Anyways, we were both glad we weren't with someone who doesn't like to give up and pushes on through the heat and misery! So, off to get Margaritas, my kinda way to spend a Sunday afternoon!! The kids were great and let us enjoy our dinner and drinks, the best part of the whole evening!

                     Can you believe my brave boy climbed this by himself?
                    I thought I might have to go rescue him for a minute there!
                                                                       So Big!!
                                                                 Our little pumpkins
                                          Sweet Ella, after she fell and dirtied up her cute outfit

2 comments:

Blog author said...

Wow, what a day!!!

Dee-Dee said...

He looks so tiny in that big bouncy thing! Her little outfit is adorable.